Sunday 19 February 2012

the rules of the bromance


I'm about as educated on the Bromance as Gillian McKeith is a doctor.

I'm just not a typical "bloke". I once tried to kill a millipede armed with some hand wash. But I think that's another blog.

The Bromance is a sacred union between two guys although that's sounds a lot like a civil partnership. But if you saw my brother Adnan and his best mate Chris it'd probably be an accurate description.

On a side note girls can NEVER be your bro, bro.


Maybe I am the only person who had a lif affirming moment during "I love you, man". But recently things have turned out more...bromantical. Although I imagine things will sour after they read this blog.

Here are the 5 rules of the Bromance I have pieced together from movies and the Jersey Shore.

1) What happens on a man date stays on a man date

Under no circumstances can details of an "MVP" night out be relayed to anyone outside your circle of friends. You'll be surprised how quickly escapades of Kansas chicken brawls can go viral...

2) Physical Contact is only allowed at the beginning and/or end of the night.

This should go without saying but it's better to be safe than sorry. The man shakes/hug and at the beginning or end of the night is the only true physical contact allowed. Followed by the patented "Didn't we have a good night?" man hug at the end of the night. Details can be found here.

3) Crying is allowed...but cannot be acknowledged by anyone present.

If your Bro is broken hearted and starts crying; the general consensus is a pat on the back and a sharp exit so he can cry to Drake without any judgement. You can never mention the tears again but can interchange it with expressions such as "he was cut up".

4) It is completely okay to share the same bed with that other person if no other suitable sleeping locations.

I'm not going to get into this. But suffice to say I have elbowed my actual brother in the face and pretended to be asleep. We've all been there, right?

5) Being the Wingman

I'm terrible at this. I've been known to interrupt moments of "chirpsing" when a great track drops. But you need your bros when you throw your hands up in the air sometimes
Saying AYO!

Ahem. Soz bruv.



theguyinthebowtie

No comments:

Post a Comment